The students, faculty and staff of Marquette University High School invites all prospective students to spend a day visiting our school.
This is a great way to experience what it's really like to be a student at MUHS. We pair prospective students with a current freshman who shares similar interests, or you may request a freshman whom you already know. On the day you visit, you will sit in on classes, eat lunch with current students, have the opportunity to meet faculty and take a tour of the school building. After your visit you will know what it is like to be a Hilltopper! Almost every current freshman student visited MUHS in their 7th or 8th grade year.
This program is available most days between September 10 and April 19. (We will not be hosting Shadow students on exam days.) Eighth graders can shadow anytime during the school year. Seventh graders are invited to shadow in the second semester.
On the Shadow Day:
- Shadow students should arrive by 7:40 a.m. (8:40 a.m. on Thursdays due to “Late Start”) and report to the main office, which is located in the Gordon Henke Center on 34th and Michigan. You will meet your host in the main office.
- During the lunch period, shadow students will eat lunch in the student cafeteria and meet other MUHS students. They will receive a $6 lunch pass to use in the cafeteria. Some students bring their own money in case they would like to buy additional food at lunch or a snack during the day.
- Shadow students are advised to bring a book to read during the study hall period or if a teacher gives a quiz/test during class.
- Shadow students must follow the MUHS dress code. Appropriate dress is a collared shirt with khakis, cargos or jeans.
- If a student is shadowing on an All-School Mass day, they will be required to wear a shirt, tie, dress pants (khakis are fine) and dress shoes.
- The MUHS school day ends at 3:00 p.m. The student will be brought back to the Gordon Henke Center entrance where he began his day.
To arrange a visit, please contact Ms. Angela Balistrieri in the Admissions Office at (414) 933-7220, Ext. 3041.
Please have several dates in mind when you call as we are only able to schedule a certain number of Shadow students per school day. (Many of the common middle school days off fill quickly.)