Marquette University High School, in most cases, does not accept transfer students into the junior and senior classes. There are some exceptions, including a student's family moves into the area from a city outside of the five-county metropolitan Milwaukee area.
Transfer students will be considered for admission to MUHS based on the following conditions:
- Space is available in the class.
- Applicant has a 3.0 GPA or higher at current school.
- All Transfer applicants will be reviewed by the MUHS administration to determine if the applicants will benefit from the school's program.
- MUHS must receive the following information no later than the third week of June for immediate fall term:
- Completed transfer application
- Applicant's most recent grade transcript
- A copy of all standardized test scores
- A letter of recommendation from current school
- Student interview as needed
As parts of this application, the applicant should write an essay of several paragraphs providing information about the following:
- Reasons for leaving present school
- Problems you may have had at present school
- Accomplishments at your present school
- Specific reasons for wanting to attend MUHS
Completed applications are sent to the Director of Admissions:
Sean O'Brien '98
Director of Admissions
Marquette University High School
3401 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53208