In conjunction with the Easy Method Driving School, Marquette High offers state-approved driver education.
For classroom training, students must be at least 15 years old. For behind-the-wheel training, students must be at least 15 ½ years old.
Students can choose any one of six sessions this school year:
2016-2017 Session Dates:
- September 12 - October 5 (session 1)
- October 24 - November 16 (session 2)
- January 9 - February 1 (session 3)
- February 6 - March 1 (session 4)
- March 13- April 5 (session 5)
- May 30 - June 22 (Summer session - classes are 8 a.m.-10 a.m.)
Tentative Scheduled Class Dates:
- Session 1: 9/12-15, 9/19-22, 9/26-29, 10/3-5
- Session 2: 10/24-27, 10/31-11/3, 11/7-10, 11/14-16
- Session 3: 1/9-12, 1/17-20, 1/23-26, 1/30-2/1
- Session 4: 2/6-9, 2/13-16, 2/20-23, 2/27-3/1
- Session 5: 3/13-16, 3/20-23, 3/27-30, 4/3-5
- Session 6: 5/30-6/1, 6/5-8, 6/12-15, 6/19-22
(Summer session: Classes start Tuesday, May 30, and will be held 8 a.m.-10 a.m.)
The 30 classroom hours will be held at MUHS. The behind-the-wheel driving sessions will be scheduled individually.
The 15 two-hour classroom sessions will meet Monday through Thursday or Friday from 3:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Classroom dates are subject to change. The six behind-the-wheel driving sessions will be scheduled individually with East Method Driving School by calling 414-447-0202.
The cost for the entire course is $350. This includes the 30 hours of classroom instruction plus six hours of behind-the-wheel training and six hours of observation. A $50 fee is due with the registration form. The balance is due on the first day of classes. Complete insurance is provided for all the participants. Instructional materials and guidelines will be distributed from Easy Method.
Acceptance notices will not be mailed to your home address; instead a list will be posted outside the Dean of Student's office with the session your son has chosen. Please have your son refer to this list for confirmation.
Students may also take the course at any Easy Method Driving School location and receive the MUHS discount.