Marquette University High School founded in 1857, is a four-year college preparatory school for boys conducted by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). The curriculum is college preparatory only. MUHS is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Enrollment for 2018-2019
- 981 young men from over 150 parochial, private and public grade schools and middle schools in five counties
- Freshman class enrollment 247
- Minority student enrollment 29%
- Non-Catholic student enrollment 16%
All course offerings with full descriptions can be found under Academics. MUHS offers a variety of Advanced Placement and Honors courses. In addition to the minimum academic requirement of 23 credits for graduation, all students must complete the Freshman Fitness Program, Freshman Retreat, Sophomore Retreat and 141 Service Program volunteer hours.
Because MUHS has selective admissions and a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, a cumulative ranking system does not fairly and accurately represent a student's relative achievement. Therefore, MUHS does not rank.
All students are prepared for admission to college. There are no weighted classes, grades or GPAs.
- The mean GPA for MUHS students is 3.02.
- The Average ACT score for the Class of 2018 was 27.8.
- During the past five years, MUHS has had the following National Merit Scholar average:
- 5 National Merit Finalists
- 7 Semi-finalists
- 8 Commended Seniors
- 77 Total Number of Faculty
- 2 Jesuit Faculty and Administrators
- 29 Lay Women
- 46 Lay Men
- 48% of the faculty have taught 10 or more years at MUHS
- 75% hold a master's degree or higher
- Faculty to Student Ratio - 1:13
- Average Class Size - 22
Typically 99% of MUHS graduates go on to attend a four-year college or university.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Pennsylvania
St. Joseph's University
U.S. Naval Academy
Case Western Reserve
George Washington University
University of Chicago
University of Notre Dame
University of Wisconsin-Madison
University of Michigan
Case Western Reserve
Saint Louis University