SLU 1818 Program
MUHS partners with Saint Louis University (SLU) for dual enrollment of some courses. Dual credit allows qualified students to earn college credit at a discounted rate for authorized courses at MUHS where they are enrolled. These courses are determined on an annual basis by MUHS and SLU, and students should not select these courses with the expectation that they will be offered as dual enrollment. If a course is offered as dual credit students will register for SLU credit by the end of September. The registration process will be distributed to students and parents at the beginning of the academic year. Students are not required to take a MUHS course offered as dual enrollment course for college credit.
The tuition for dual credit through SLU is greatly reduced from an on-campus course at $65/credit hour (~$195 - $260 per semester) compared to $770/credit hour for undergraduate credit. If a student opts not to enroll in the dual credit option, he simply continues in his class as usual.In the 2018-2019 school year, Marquette High was able to offer nine courses in which students had the opportunity to enroll for dual credit: AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP Psychology, and Multivariable Calculus. Several more courses may be added for the 2019-2020 school year.Students who want to register for college credit for authorized courses must meet the following conditions:
- Sophomores: Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA and parent and school permission
- Juniors and Seniors: Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA and parent and school permission
Marquette University Partnership
Students may take courses at Marquette University during the January-term, summer, and spring semesters at a significantly discounted tuition ($500 for a 3-credit course). Information about enrollment in a MU course should be requested through the Assistant Principal for Academics.
SLU 1818 Update from Asst. Principal of Academics (3-24-2020)
- Spring 2020 registration has been reopened to allow students who may have chosen AP. We want to provide those students with concerns regarding potential performance with school closure or uneasiness with the new online format access to earn college credit still.
- Registration is open through the SLU Application Portal. Students who already registered for at least one course may go in and add additional classes.
- Students taking yearlong courses that are layered with AP will be able to register for the course via the online system. We have integrated a spring course to allow this.
- MUHS courses include: AP Computer Science, AP Calculus AB, AP Psychology, AP English Language, AP English Literature,
- Students will be expected to email firstname.lastname@example.org if they experience any issues with registration.
- SLU extended the withdrawal date for on-campus students, so to mirror on-campus policy, we are allowing students to drop individual courses for Spring 2020 up to May 01, 2020.
- The tuition deadline remains May 01, 2020.