Link to: 2022-2023 Textbook List
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PURCHASING TEXTBOOKS:
- There are two ways to purchase textbooks - through eCampus, the MUHS online bookstore and at the Mothers Guild Used Book Sale on July 20, 2022. Details for each are listed below.
- Be sure to read the notes on the 2022-2023 textbook list for essential information regarding acceptable formats, the ISBN number, and the faculty member listed to ensure you purchase the correct texts, versions, editions, and/or translations.
- Plan to purchase textbooks as soon as possible to be ready for use on the first day of school.
SUMMER READING: Summer reading titles are included on the textbook list. All required summer reading must be completed before the first day of school.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Students need basic school supplies (pens, pencils, folders, notebooks, etc). Teachers will provide students with specific required supplies on the first day or two of class.
COURSE FEES: In an effort to keep costs down, some departments are transitioning from print textbooks to online textbooks. To streamline the process and save money, MUHS will purchase some of these licenses and charge a course fee to cover that cost. Fees will be placed on your MUHS account. Please note that some licenses will still need to be purchased through eCampus as indicated on the textbook list.
CALCULATORS: All math students should have a TI-84 calculator with the exception of students enrolled in Multivariable Calculus (course number 174) who need a TI-89 calculator.
SHEET MUSIC: Jazz Lab sheet music will be sold by the teacher.
2D DESIGN AND PHOTOGRAPHY:
- Students must have a laptop computer – not a Chromebook or tablet– which can run Adobe Creative Cloud. Specific system requirements are linked here: Adobe Photoshop (photography), Adobe Illustrator (2D Design).
- Photography Camera Requirements: Acceptable camera models must give the user complete manual control over Shutter Speed, Aperture, and Focus. Mobile devices are not acceptable.
- If a student has concerns regarding securing these materials for class, he should speak with Mr. Beck or Mr. Gardner.
SEARCHING THE TEXTBOOK LIST: It might help to know the following department course numbering designations.
- 200s & 500s—Math/Computer Science
- 300s—Social Studies
- 400s—World Languages
eCampus - The MUHS Online Bookstore
Important information when using eCampus Bookstore:
- Please use your son’s MUHS email and username when creating an eCampus account to prevent access issues.
- Be sure to read the notes for essential information regarding acceptable formats, the ISBN number, and the faculty member listed to ensure you purchase the correct texts, versions, editions, and/or translations.
- Plan to purchase textbooks as soon as possible to be ready for use on the first day of school. Allow at least one week for shipping.
Mothers Guild Used Book Sale
As a service to Marquette University High School, the Mothers Guild organizes the Used Book Sale. This is a great help to parents because the books are sold at discounted prices and 100% of the sales go directly to the families who sell their books. Sale Flyer
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
9 a.m. - Noon
- Bring class schedule and list of specific books you need to purchase (taken from the 2022-2023 textbook list - Check back for this list).
- Bring a large box or bag to carry your books - no backpacks allowed into the sale.
- All sales final.
- Payment by CASH or CHECK only - each book must be paid for individually.
CASH - Please bring small bills. We are unable to make change.
CHECK - Checks are made out to the individual seller. You may end up writing many checks.
(Paperbacks cost anywhere from $2-$12, textbooks $25-$100)
PICK-UP MONEY AND UNSOLD BOOKS:
Wednesday, July 20, 2022 (same day as the sale)
4:30 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- This is the preferred date/time especially for graduated seniors.
- Additional pick up for current students: Registration Day on Aug. 17, 2022 at the Mothers Guild table.
- MUHS is unable to store any unclaimed books. Books not picked up by Aug. 17, 2022 will become the property of Mothers Guild.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Fran Maloney at 414-933-7220.