Purchasing Books for the 2020-2021 School Year
Information regarding student schedules can be found on the Back-to-School webpage.
The 2020-2021 Textbook list includes important information regarding the textbook format options and supplemental and/or optional materials needed for all MUHS courses. Please read the notes provided by your course section teacher for important information.
- Calculator: TI-84 model is the calculators of choice for all math courses with a calculator requirement.
- All English department courses are listed by course number followed by the first three letters of the teacher's last name. Most other courses, regardless of teacher, are by code only. One exception is Mr. Griesbach's Advanced PreCaculus (160GRI). That course is using a different edition of the textbook.
- Jazz Lab sheet music will be sold by the teacher.
- A number of Math courses have a course fee that covers the cost of MathXL and WebAssign. Sometimes this is sold as part of a package. In that case, no additional fee will be required. Teachers will instruct students on how to purchase this licence on the first day of class.
Textbooks should be purchased by the first day of school. We advise students to purchase all other school supplies after the first day of classes when teachers will distribut course syllabi stating required course materials.
Mothers Guild Used Book Sale
As a service to Marquette University High School, the Mothers Guild organizes the Used Book Sale. This is a great help to parents because the books are sold at discounted prices and 100% of the sales go directly to the families who sell their books. Sale Flyer
Wednesday, July 22
9 a.m. - Noon
- Bring class schedule and list of specific books you need to purchase (taken from the 2020-2021 textbook list (linked at the top of this page).
- Bring a large box or bag to carry your books - no backpacks allowed into the sale.
- All sales final.
- Payment by CASH or CHECK only - each book must be paid for individually.
CASH - Please bring small bills. We are unable to make change.
CHECK - Checks are made out to the individual seller. You may end up writing many checks.
(Paperbacks cost anywhere from $2-$12, textbooks $25-$100)
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, anyone entering the building will need to wear a face mask. We will be asking everyone’s cooperation in practicing social distancing to ensure safety for all. This could result in limiting the number of people allowed in the sale at one time.
PICK-UP MONEY AND UNSOLD BOOKS:
Wednesday, July 22 (same day as the sale)
4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- This is the preferred date/time especially for graduated seniors.
- Additional pick up for students is Tuesday, Aug. 4, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Money left unclaimed will be distributed to students during homeroom.
- MUHS is unable to store any unclaimed books. Books not picked up by Aug. 4, will become the property of Mothers Guild and will be disposed of.
MUHS Online Bookstore - eCampus
If you cannot find a book at the Used Book Sale, new and used books may be purchased through eCampus, Marquette High’s online bookstore (formally known as eTECH Campus). It will be open on July 22, 2020.
The MUHS online bookstore can be found at https://muhs.ecampus.com/. eCampus is operated by a reliable and experienced educational book distributor that serves as the online bookstore for many Jesuit High Schools throughout the United States. To get started, visit the eCampus website and create an eCampus account. Use the “order textbook” link to make your textbook purchases.
This school year we have launched the “Shop by Schedule” feature. This will streamline your shopping experience but requires that a separate eCampus account using the student's MUHS email and password be created for each student. Step-by-step instructions for utilizing this new feature are provided.
- eCampus General FAQ Flyer
- Step-by-step instructions for ordering textbooks through eCampus using the “Shop by Schedule” option
Important Information Regarding your Textbook Purchases for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Both the 2020-2021 Textbook list and the eCampus online bookstore include important information regarding the textbook format options and supplemental and/or optional materials needed for all MUHS courses. Please read the notes provided by your course section teacher for important information.
- When creating your eCampus account, use your MUHS email and password. Your digital codes and online textbooks will be loaded in the “My Digital Bookshelf” link located on the eCampus website.
- This year we are merging student schedules with the bookstore. This will allow you to shop by student schedule. However, each student must create an account with eCampus in order to utilize this feature. While the eCampus makes every effort to upload scheduled changes, please check your order against the textbook list if you have made a recent schedule change.