- All applicants must submit an application completed by a parent or guardian and a $30 non-refundable application fee to MUHS.
- Applications are still being accepted for fall 2021. Students who apply now will make arrangements with the Admissions office to take the entrance exam.
- The application includes a personal essay that needs to be written by the student and uploaded before the application can be successfully submitted. The writing prompt for the personal essay is:
Why do you want to attend Marquette University High School and how do you envision the school will help you grow as a young man? What individual strengths or qualities do you possess and how will you contribute these gifts to the MUHS community?
- All applicants must take the MUHS Entrance Exam. Registration for the Entrance Exam is completed as part of the Admissions application. Students who apply now will make arrangements with the Admissions office to take the entrance exam.
- Once a student has submitted an application and has completed the entrance exam, MUHS will request his academic records and a teacher evaluation from his current school.
How are students selected?
Marquette University High School does a thorough evaluation of every applicant. Below is a list of items that are used to help with the selection process:
- Review of Admissions application.
- Results of entrance exam.
- Review of written essay.
- Review of academic progress reports from 6th through 8th grade including grades, attendance and behavior. (MUHS will request.)
- Review of previous standardized test results. (MUHS will request.)
- Confidential teacher evaluation. (MUHS will request.)
- Student interview (if necessary).
- Student must successfully complete 8th grade.