Campus Visit Program
Campus Visit Program
The students, faculty and staff of Marquette University High School invite all prospective students to spend a day visiting our school.
Eighth-grade students are encouraged to spend a day at Marquette High anytime during the fall semester of eighth grade (September – December). Seventh-grade students who can't wait to see what being a Hilltopper is all about can visit during the spring semester of seventh grade (January – April).
Answers to questions such as "What will high school be like?," "How will I fit in?" or "What's for lunch?" are common questions and best answered by an in-person visit during a regular school day. It's truly the best way to experience what it is really like to be a student at Marquette High. You will sit in on classes, eat lunch with current students, meet faculty and take a tour of the building.
Campus Visits are set up through the Admissions Office. Visiting students will be matched with a Hilltopper Ambassador with common interests. Visit dates (September – April) are posted on the school's website. Students arrive by 7:45 a.m. and can be picked up at 3 p.m. (School ends at 3:10 p.m.)
Campus Visit Program for Parents
Parents are invited to attend a 45-minute coffee time and brief presentation after dropping off their sons. Following the presentation, an optional 30-minute highlight building tour will be available for interested parents.
- Visiting students should arrive by 7:45 a.m. and report to the Admissions table in the Henke Center to meet his host student. Guest parking nearest the main entrance can be accessed from Michigan Street.
- During the lunch period, visiting students will eat lunch in the Cannon Commons and meet other MUHS students. They will receive a lunch voucher to spend as they choose. Some students bring their own money in case they would like to buy additional food at lunch or a snack during the day. Prospective students with food allergies and other dietary restrictions are highly encouraged to bring a lunch from home.
- Prospective students are advised to bring a book to read during the study hall period or if a teacher gives a quiz/test during class.
- Prospective students must follow the student dress code. Appropriate dress is a collared shirt with khakis, cargos or jeans; shoes and socks must be worn at all times, no sandals.
- Students can be picked up at 3 p.m. The student will be brought back to the Henke Center entrance where he began his day. The MUHS school day ends at 3:10 p.m.
Drop Off and Parking Information
- For Campus Visits, student pick-up and drop-off should be done at the Henke Entrance on Michigan Street.
- If parents are staying for the Parent Program, please park and enter the school at the Henke Entrance.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to be aware of the parking signs posted in the neighborhood.
- Parents are asked to arrive as close to the time they know their son will be ready for pick up to avoid congestion.
If you have questions about our Campus Visit program, please contact the Admissions Office:
Mr. Kevin Drees