Freshman Course Selection
Course Selection Information
- Course Selection Worksheet - You will be asked to use this when completing the online course selection form. Instructions will be provided at Freshman Welcome Night. You may want to bring this form with you on Feb. 13.
- 2020-2021 Curriculum Guide - Course descriptions
The Curriculm Guide is also available under Academic Courses.
- Important Dates - Deadlines and Special Events for Spring and Summer
Placement Test Update
The school will use grade school records, HSPT results, and teacher recommendations to determine placement. Once you receive the placement, if you feel it is incorrect for your son, contact Mrs. Beth Piper, department chair, at email@example.com. Mrs. Piper will review the decision with you and an online placement test may be required.
If you haven't provided your son's 8th grade math teacher with the Math Teacher Recommendation Form, please forward them this information:
World Languages Placement
Students who indicated an interest in upper-level Latin or German on their course selection will be contacted by a member of our World Languages faculty to determine placement.
Students interested in upper-level Spanish and Spanish for Heritage Speakers (students who speak Spanish at home) will be required to take an online placement test.
- This test will be administered on Monday, May 4, at 7 p.m. and Saturday, May 9, at 10 a.m. Parents of students who requested the test will be emailed a link to the test prior to the test dates.
- Students interested in Spanish for Heritage Speakers will complete the online test and will need to complete an oral assessment. The World Languages staff will contact families to schedule this assessment.
- Students should not consult with other people or online translation assistants or hard copy translation tools. Because the goal is correct placement, it is not advantageous or in your son's best interest to use aids to complete the test. We ask that you help monitor him while taking the test.
Biology/Honors Biology Placement
The school will place students based on their grade school records and HSPT results.
All placement results will be emailed to families near the end of May.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Fran Maloney, Asst. Principal for Academics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.