Summer EXPLORE! program -- COVID-19 Update
Registration is open for July/Aug Summer EXPLORE and Sport Camps! A new schedule is available - most June camps were rescheduled to July.
This summer MUHS will implement specific policies for students, employees, and visitors on campus. These policies will include staggered business hours, health screenings of program participants, required face coverings for participants in classrooms, heightened sanitizing measures, and decreased class and camp enrollments to maintain social distancing in accordance with CDC and Wisconsin health guidelines. More information will be provided closer to the start of summer programming.
Summer EXPLORE! Camps 2020
Summer EXPLORE! programs provide learning and social opportunities for boys from all schools entering grades 3 - 9 in fall 2020. A variety of programs will be offered in Computer Science, History, Science, Math, Finance, German, Visual Arts, Music, Dog Safety Training, and Multi-discipline (Academics, Arts & Athletics).
Summer EXPLORE! programs are taught by current faculty, staff and coaches with the same excellence that is the hallmark of a Marquette High education. This is an ideal time for your student to make new friends, meet teachers and coaches, and experience the Marquette High community.
- AAA - Academics, Arts & Athletics (Grades 6-9) JULY 27-31
- AAAA - Academics, Arts, Athletics & Admissions (Incoming Grade 9 - Class of 2024) JULY 27-31
- Journey through Beautiful Mathematics (Grades 6-9) - JULY 20-23
- 3-D Design and Animation (Grades 6-9) JULY 6-9
- Slideshows that Make the Grade (Grades 6-9) JULY 23
- What Can A Spreadsheet Do for You? (Grades 6-9) JULY 22
- Math with Desmos.com (Grades 6-9) CANCELLED
- Money Matters: Personal Finance Fun (Grades 6-9) - JULY 27-30
- Stock Markets and Investing (Grades 6-9) - JULY 27-30
- Learning with Legos: Competitive Engineering (Grades 5-6) JULY 13-15
- Pre-Science Olympiad: Engineering Challenges (Grades 7-9) AUG. 4-7
- Hidden History of Milwaukee (Grades 5-8) JULY 22-23
- Welcome to Bushville: Sports and Recreation in Milwaukee History (Grades 5-8) - JULY 20-21
- Civil War Institute Hits the Road (Grades 5-9) - JULY 13-15
- Rocket Camp and Launch (Grades 5-9) - JULY 7-9
- Hilltoppers in World War 2 (Grades 6-9) - JULY 27-28
- Movie Making (Grades 6-9) JULY 6-10
- Creating and Editing Video with WeVideo.com (Grades 6-9) - JULY 16
- Picture Yourself on the Moon with Pixlr.com (Grades 6-9) JULY 15
- Drum Set Camp (Coed Program) - (Grades 8-12) - CANCELLED
- Introduction to Sheepshead (Grades 5-8) - JULY 20-23
- Positive Pooch: Dog Safety Training and Puppy Play (Grades 3-8) - JULY 13-16; JULY 27-30
- Football - Boys entering grades 4 - 8 - NEW DATES
- Rugby - Boys entering Grades 6 - 9
- Soccer - Boys entering grades 3 - 8
- Volleyball - Boys entering grades 5 - 8
- Strength Training / Speed & Agility Training - Boys entering grades 7-8 - NEW DATES
- Basketball - Boys entering grades 4 - 8 - POSTPONED
- Lacrosse - Girls and Boys entering grades 1 - 8 - CANCELLED
- Wrestling - Boys entering grades 5 - 8 - CANCELLED
How to Register:
- Register online with a credit card payment using Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.
- Download a paper registration form and mail the form with check (payable to MUHS) to: Marquette University High School, Attn: Summer EXPLORE! 3401 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53208
- Program registration is limited and is based on a policy of first-come, first-served paid registrations.
- Register students for grade level they will enter in fall 2020.
- Complete one registration form per student.
- Program spots cannot be reserved for those not paid in full.
Program Cancellation/Refund Policy:
- Marquette High reserves the right to close programs with maximum enrollment and to cancel programs that do not meet the minimum enrollment 14 days prior to the program starting date. In the event a program is cancelled by the school, participants will receive a full refund.
- Families who voluntarily withdraw from the program 14 days or more before the program start date will receive a full refund less a $10 administrative fee. Refunds will not be given for cancellations that are less than 14 days prior to the program start date. These program fees may be applied to another class in the 2020 class if space is available.
- There is no pro-rated adjustment of the program fees based on the number of days attended.
First Day Procedures:
- Summer EXPLORE! programs will be held at Marquette University High School unless indicated otherwise. Enter at the Henke Center Entrance at 3306 W. Michigan. Students will check in before reporting to the location of their program. If you plan to come in with your son, please park in any of the available parking spaces.