Summer EXPLORE! Camps 2020
Summer EXPLORE! programs provide learning and social opportunities for boys from all schools entering grades 3 - 9 in fall 2020. A variety of programs will be offered in Computer Science, History, Science, Math, Finance, German, Visual Arts, Music, Dog Safety Training, and Multi-discipline (Academics, Arts & Athletics).
Summer EXPLORE! programs are taught by current faculty, staff and coaches with the same excellence that is the hallmark of a Marquette High education. This is an ideal time for your student to make new friends, meet teachers and coaches, and experience the Marquette High community.
- AAA - Academics, Arts & Athletics (Grades 6-9)
- AAAA - Academics, Arts, Athletics & Admissions (Incoming Grade 9 - Class of 2024)
- Journey through Beautiful Mathematics (Grades 6-9) - NEW
- Math with Desmos (Grades 6-9) - NEW
- 3-D Design and Animation (Grades 6-9)
- Slideshows that Make the Grade (Grades 6-9)
- What Can A Spreadsheet Do for You? (Grades 6-9)
- Money Matters: Personal Finance Fun (Grades 6-9) - NEW
- Stock Markets and Investing (Grades 6-9) - NEW
- Learning with Legos: Competitive Engineering (Grades 5-6)
- Pre-Science Olympiad: Engineering Challenges (Grades 7-9)
- Hidden History of Milwaukee (Grades 5-8)
- Welcome to Bushville: Sports and Recreation in Milwaukee History (Grades 5-8) - NEW
- Civil War Institute Hits the Road (Grades 5-9) - NEW
- Rocket Camp and Launch (Grades 5-9) - NEW
- Hilltoppers in World War 2 (Grades 6-9) - NEW
- Movie Making (Grades 6-9)
- Creating and Editing Video with WeVideo.com (Grades 6-9) - NEW
- Picture Yourself on the Moon with Pixlr.com (Grades 6-9)
- Drum Set Camp (Coed Program) - (Grades 8-12)
- Introduction to Sheepshead (Grades 5-8) - NEW
- Positive Pooch: Dog Safety Training and Puppy Play (Grades 3-8) - NEW
- Basketball - Boys entering grades 4 - 8
- Football - Boys entering grades 4 - 8
- Lacrosse - Girls and Boys entering grades 1 - 8
- Rugby - Boys entering Grades 6 - 9 (NEW)
- Soccer - Boys entering grades 3 - 8
- Volleyball - Boys entering grades 5 - 8
- Wrestling - Boys entering grades 5 - 8
- Strength Training / Speed & Agility Training - Boys entering grades 7-8
How to Register:
- Register online with a credit card payment using Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.
- Download a paper registration form and mail (or drop off) the form with check (payable to MUHS) to: Marquette University High School, Attn: Summer EXPLORE! 3401 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53208
- Program registration is limited and is based on a policy of first-come, first-served paid registrations.
- Register students for grade level they will enter in fall 2020.
- Complete one registration form per student.
- Program spots cannot be reserved for those not paid in full.
Program Cancellation/Refund Policy:
- Marquette High reserves the right to close programs with maximum enrollment and to cancel programs that do not meet the minimum enrollment 10 days prior to the program starting date. In the event a program is cancelled by the school, participants will receive a full refund.
- Families who voluntarily withdraw from the program 10 days or more before the program start date will receive a full refund less a $10 administrative fee. Refunds will not be given for cancellations that are less than 10 days prior to the program start date. These program fees may be applied to another class in the 2020 program.
- There is no pro-rated adjustment of the program fees based on the number of days attended.
First Day Procedures:
- Summer EXPLORE! programs will be held at Marquette University High School unless indicated otherwise. Enter at the Henke Center Entrance at 3306 W. Michigan. Students will check in before reporting to the location of their program. If you plan to come in with your son, please park in any of the available parking spaces.