Blue and Gold Club
Hilltopper Strength & Conditioning
Blue & Gold Club / Weightlifting / Powerlifting
REGISTRATIONS BEGIN IMMEDIATELY
DEADLINE: OCT. 29, 2020
Congratulations on a good start to the school year and successful fall season. The winter session is beginning soon with registration currently open. Make the most of this winter to maximize your physical potential and prepare for the next season. Everything has been going great in the fitness center and the number one priority remains delivering safe and effective strength & conditioning programs. Below, you will find information on opportunities for the winter session.
- Registration Open Oct. 22 – 29
Register for sessions. There will be some criteria in placement of groups, but spots will fill up and your options will become less the longer you wait. If you are trying out for a cut sport this winter or are still currently competing in a fall sport, you should still register ASAP. After October 29th, registration will need to take place in the fitness center.
- Oct. 30 – Nov. 1
Receive confirmation of assigned group.
Register for online platform for additional workouts in the case of virtual learning and additional workouts at home.
- Nov. 2 – April 19
Group meeting to cover procedures and policies.
Workouts take place during assigned sessions.
Workouts will be 3 days in building or 2 days in building and one virtual. Supplemental workouts available.
- Registration will take place using QR code or with coach in fitness center. Once spots fill up, there will be no additional students allowed in that session. Make sure that you sign up for the correct session.
- Scan the QR code on the registration form, locate the session you are committing to, enter required information, check email regularly. There are 20 slots for strength and 5 slots for cardio during each period. The same exists for after school. Once all slots are full, you will need to be on a wait list for that session and workout at an alternative time. If you have problems registering, you may also stop by the fitness center to register with Coach.
- Safety is of the most importance. This includes working out and adhering to the policies surrounding COVID. There will be no tolerance for behaviors that put yourself or others at risk.
- Attend consistently and be on time. Students that miss multiple workouts will lose the privilege of working out for the remainder of the winter session during that session.
- Put forth your best effort and be a leader.
- Follow a healthy diet, recovery plan, and get 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Students will be assigned groups, stations, and locker room.
Remember, you can only control what you can. Put yourself in the best position to succeed when the time comes, whatever that may be for you. Work hard in any capacity that you can and be confident that you have done all that is possible to better yourself. Feel free to email, stop by, or set up a meeting with Coach Kossow or Coach Duehring if you have questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you throughout the 2020-2021 school year.
BRIEF PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS:
Open Lifting and Extra Lifting Periods
There will be no open lifting periods until further notice.
Blue & Gold Club
The Blue & Gold Club is for students that want to participate in strength training for athletic performance or fitness. Workouts are structured and run by Hilltopper strength and conditioning staff. Open to all students.
The Weightlifting Club is for athletes and students that want to take their training up a notch. This training program will focus on learning and incorporating the Olympic Style lifts and their progressions to maximize athletic performance. The goal is to maximize strength, power, and speed to improve athletic performance. Modifications will be made to specialize in the student’s chosen sport. Weightlifting Club takes place during the fall and spring session.
The Powerlifting club is for athletes and students that wish to take their training up a notch. The goal is to maximize strength, power, and speed to improve athletic performance. Students that wish to compete may attend regional, state, and national competitions. Competition is not required. Modifications will be made to specialize in the student’s chosen sport. Powerlifting Club takes place during the winter session.
These sessions are to supplement strength sessions, developing total athleticism and fitness levels. Athletes are strongly encouraged to participate. Activities will include plyos, speed, agility, conditioning, and mobility.
Stop by the Noack Strength & Fitness Center for additional information