Strength & Conditioning Programs
Hilltopper Strength & Conditioning ProgramsStrength & Conditioning Registration Form - Fall 2021
- Fall Session – Aug. 23 to Nov. 12, Deadline – Aug. 18
- Winter Session – Nov. 15 to March 4, Deadline – Nov. 8
- Spring Session – March 7 to May 20, Deadline – Feb. 28
BRIEF PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS:
OPEN LIFTING AND EXTRA LIFTING PERIODS
These periods are open to students not involved in one of the clubs below. Students involved in the clubs may use these periods as well to complete a missed session or perform supplemental work if desired. Open periods are typically 8 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Requirements: Follow a Hilltopper strength workout. There is no minimum workout requirement.
BLUE & GOLD CLUB
The Blue & Gold Club is for students that want to participate in strength training for athletic performance or fitness. Workouts are structured and run by Hilltopper strength and conditioning staff. Open to all students.
- Group ‘A’ will work out from 3:25 p.m. - 4:10 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- Group ‘B’ will work out from 4:10 p.m. - 5:05 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- Group ‘C’ will work out during Open Lift periods
Requirements: Attend assigned weight room workouts during designated time. Three strike policy with potential fourth strike when a missed workout is completed during open period. Spots in Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ are limited. Unlimited spots for group ‘C.’
HILLTOPPER SPORTS PERFORMANCE ACADEMY
H.S.P.A. is for Hilltopper athletes that want to commit to maximizing their development and meet their full potential in competition. This program provides the best opportunity to develop as an athlete and work alongside teammates towards a common goal. H.S.P.A. is a year round program including commitment to both in-season and off-season training. Emphasis is on overall athleticism – athletes that are strong pound for pound, explosive, fast, agile, and mobile. This program is a benefit for athletes of all sports. Consistency is the key to any program. Make the commitment to yourself and your teammates.
- Group ‘A’ will work out from 3:25 p.m. - 4:25 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Group ‘B’ will work out from 4:25 p.m. - 5:25 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Group ‘C’ will work out during the school day
*Performance sessions take place Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:25 p.m. - 4:25 p.m. Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ are encouraged to participate. Performance workouts are also available during the school day.
- $20 Academy Fee, complete commitment form
- Hilltopper Athlete
- Annual commitment to required workouts (minimum of 3 days off-season, minimum of 2 days in-season)
- Be on time, provide best effort, and strict adherence to program
- Communicate with coaches
- Be a leader by carrying out the mission of MUHS and conducting yourself in a positive manner
Powerlifting is a club sport for athletes and students. The goal is to maximize athleticism and performance in sport while providing an opportunity to compete with teammates in local and state competitions. Training takes place throughout the school year competitions taking place during the winter session.
- Participation in H.S.P.A. (commitment to training throughout the year)
- Compete at January and February meet, state meet if qualified
Remember, you can only control what you can. Put yourself in the best position to succeed when the time comes, whatever that may be for you. Work hard in any capacity that you can and be confident that you have done all that is possible to better yourself. Feel free to email, stop by, or set up a meeting with Coach Kossow or Coach Duehring if you have questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you throughout the 2021-2022 school year.