Alumni Service Corps
The Alumni Service Corps (ASC) is a volunteer program that allows individuals to live out a Jesuit commitment to service as a short-term faculty member at Marquette University High School.
Individuals interested in participating in the program must complete the application the year prior to their intended involvement. The following must accompany the application form: an up-to-date resume, a college transcript and a letter of recommendation.
Applications are reviewed on the basis of academic excellence, school and community involvement, evidence of commitment to the Jesuit mission and teaching experience/aptitude.
Individuals accepted into the program make a commitment of total involvement in the Marquette High community for a period of one school year, August through May. (An ASC member may be invited to volunteer for a second year.)
ASC members' service may take a variety of forms and not always include classroom teaching. Whether coaching, tutoring, serving as a part-time classroom instructor or co-teacher, or serving with the Pastoral Department, the ASC member is always a teacher.All ASC members are expected to:
- participate in the new faculty orientation session in August
- tutor and supervise in the Evening Enrichment Program and other learning service programs
- attend faculty and departmental meetings and gatherings
- staff at least one weekend retreat
- prefect during the school day
- chaperone events (dances, service trips, etc.)
- assist with coaching or moderating at least one sport or club/activity
- live in community with other ASC members
- engage in the spiritual growth program for ASC members
The ASC program is a volunteer program. Participants receive housing, a food/per diem stipend, and a personal stipend.
For more information please contact:
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Fran Maloney (email@example.com), Assistant Principal for Academics. Thank you.