Class of 2020
Graduation Update - July 30, 2020
We are expecting perfect weather for the graduation ceremony at Franklin Field on Saturday. Graduates should arrive by 9 a.m. and report to the field. The ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. Graduates should wear their caps and gowns with semi-casual attire under the gowns. In addition, students must wear the school-issued navy face masks. More information, including the distribution of masks, will be provided during the graduation practice on Friday.
The practice will begin promptly tomorrow at 11 a.m. at Franklin Field. Following practice students will receive a boxed lunch in the parking area outside the stadium. They should bring their own chairs and maintain social distancing as they reconnect with one another.
We will distribute family tickets to graduates during the practice on Friday. If the graduates are not able to attend practice, tickets will be available before the ceremony at the Will Call table outside the entrance. The stadium doors will open on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. for the ticketed guests.
Social distancing expectations will be implemented in the seating of all guests. Families should sit together leaving space (three-seat spacing and every other row) between other families. In addition, all guests are required to wear masks entering and leaving the stadium.
We look forward to Graduation 2020!
Dean of Students
Graduation Update - July 23, 2020
We are elated to finally near the very special day for the Class of 2020! As I mentioned previously, there is no pandemic strong enough to stop us from celebrating this distinguished class. We are grateful to the Rock Sports Complex for providing a special venue at Franklin Field. The graduation ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. and will include elements of the Baccalaureate. Each graduate will receive up to five tickets for guests to attend the ceremony.
The Rock Sports Complex has a safety plan approved by the City of Franklin. We will adhere to measures to provide a safe and memorable event for those who attend in person. We will also live-stream the ceremony for those not able to attend in person. Below is detailed information for the ceremony.
- Franklin Field is located at 7900 Crystal Ridge Rd. (or 7035 S. Ballpark Dr.) in Franklin. There is sufficient parking in the lots to the north and west of the ball park. We will provide a map in our next communication.
- All attendees must wear face masks as they enter and leave the ball park. In order to respect the safety and health of all present, guests must wear face masks if they are within 6 feet of others not in their family group during the ceremony.
- Ticket information will be forthcoming. Please complete this important questionnaire form by Wednesday, July 29, that will allow us to work with The Rock to devise a ticket distribution plan.
- Guests will sit in the stadium with family members socially distancing themselves from other families. Guests must adhere to all posted instructions regarding seating. Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms must not attend the ceremony.
- We suggest guests bring their own water bottles.
- VIP Photography will take photos of the graduates as they receive their diplomas.
- MUHS has developed plans if rain or storms are expected during the morning of August 1.
- If necessary, the ceremony will be moved on the same date (August 1) to 1 p.m. at the Washington County State Fair Grounds in the indoor West Bend Insurance Pavilion located at 3000 County Hwy PV, West Bend.
- If the ceremony is moved to the West Bend Insurance Pavilion, only graduates and two guests will be allowed to attend.
Graduates' Ceremony Information
- Graduates should arrive by 9:10 a.m. and line up outside of the stadium.
- Graduates should continue to check their MUHS email for further information about the ceremony.
- Graduates who are not able to attend the ceremony due to an early start of college should send a head and shoulder photo of themselves wearing their MUHS cap and gown to email@example.com.
- Graduates should wear their caps, gowns, and tassels for the ceremony. Honor cords will be distributed during the graduation practice (information below). If there are any questions regarding caps and gowns please inform Mr. Kowalewski.
- Graduates will receive school-issued, navy blue face masks. These masks will be worn during the procession into the stadium and during the recessional. They may remove their face masks only when they are seated. Graduates' seats will be arranged in the field distanced six feet from one another. Once graduates leave their seats, they should place their face masks on, except when they cross the stage to receive their diplomas.
- There will be a graduation practice on Friday, July 31, at 11 a.m. at Franklin Field. Following practice, boxed lunches will be offered to the graduates.
- Members of the class may re-connect, with a tailgate socially distanced lunch, in the open parking lot to the north of the field.
Please complete this questionnaire form (one form per graduate) no later than Wednesday, July 29. We are very much looking forward to celebrating with you on August 1!
Flambeau Yearbook Distribution
2020 yearbooks will be available for pick up in August and September 2020. More information regarding the pick-up process will be sent to senior families.