Class of 2021
Graduation Update - March 31, 2021
We are pleased to announce some plans for graduation events as we celebrate the Class of 2021 and their many achievements. These celebrations are well deserved for this special class as they have persisted through extraordinary circumstances this past year.
- Yard Signs
Proud Graduate lawn signs will be available for pick up at the Henke Entrance beginning on Friday, April 23. One per household, please.
- Senior Awards
Beginning Monday, May 1, MUHS will celebrate seniors receiving awards and special recognition in the Class of 2021. Each day award videos will be sent to the MUHS community and posted on social media.
- Senior Prom
Prom will be held on Friday, May 7, at the Brookfield Conference Center for seniors and their invited guests. More information will be available soon about this special event.
- Baccalaureate Mass
MUHS will offer a Baccalaureate and Farewell Mass on Thursday, May 13, at 10:20 a.m. The Mass will be offered in-person for seniors here at MUHS and it will be streamed for parents and the rest of the MUHS community. The Mass will conclude with some special recognitions. If the Church of the Gesu permits an in-person Baccalaureate Mass for graduates and parents, MUHS will offer this liturgical celebration on Thursday, May 27, at 7 p.m.
Commencement Exercises are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 29, at 10 a.m. at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. At this point, our plan is that each graduate will receive 4-6 tickets for guests to attend the ceremony.
As you note, the venues for these events have changed due to current availability and capacity restrictions. While it is not our intent, COVID trends may necessitate further changes. All MUHS events will take into account safety measures for the health of all attendees.
Again, thank you for your patience and support during our planning. Let us remain committed to finish SENIOR STRONG!
Senior Ads for Flambeau Yearbook
The Flambeau yearbook staff invites you to honor and congratulate your graduating senior with a personalized senior ad message including photos, quotes and/or a special memory.
We are offering two ad sizes:
- 1/4-page (4" wide x 5" tall) and cost $175
- 1/8-page (4" wide x 2.5" tall) and cost $125
Your ad may include photos, text, and logos from MUHS, universities, clubs, Scouts, etc. You may create your own ad or submit photos, text and logos and the Flambeau staff will create your ad for an additional $30. The deadline for content varies based on your submission method:
- Ads created by the Flambeau staff are due Thursday, April 15
- Ads submitted directly to Jostens are due Thursday, April 29
All content for senior ads must be submitted electronically – in one of two ways:
- Via email to email@example.com (checks payable to MUHS should be mailed or dropped off to the main office, to the attention of Alejandra Martinez) OR
- On Jostens website (payment will be collected electronically): https://www.jostens.com/apps/
store/ybAdDesigner/1116731/-/ 20200929044746790135/CATALOG_ SHOP/
For more details on formatting and submitting your ad, please see the information linked below.
Thank you for helping us make this issue of the Flambeau yearbook a special keepsake for the Marquette High Class of 2021. If you have questions regarding senior ads, please email Yearbook Advisor, Alejandra Martinez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD: 2021 Flambeau Senior Farewell Ad Form
Graduation Items Available to Order Dec. 7-13, 2020
This year all orders for cap and gown, graduation announcements and graduation accessories will need to be placed online or by phone. Please review the message and instructional video below provided by Jostens. Orders can be placed between Dec. 7-13.
Senior Week at Marquette University High School is Dec. 7-13! Here at Jostens we want to help you celebrate the important moments that matter. Please listen to the video below for information on how to order your Cap & Gown, Custom School Graduation Announcements, and fun Senior Gear! Then, click on the link to place your online order. Order deadline is Sunday, Dec. 13.
Thank you and congratulations Class of 2021!
There are two simple ways to place your order:
Online at JOSTENS.COM or 1-800-JOSTENS (567-8367)
Diploma Information Needed by Oct. 23
Seniors are able to indicate how they would like their name printed on their diplomas by completing the form they received via their MUHS email on Oct. 8. The form needs to be completed by Oct. 23. Students have been asked to discuss this with you prior to completing the form. Most students either choose their full name (First, middle and last names) or (First, middle initial and last name): William John Smith or William J. Smith. The form also has space to indicate any legacy information. If a student's father, grandfather, great-grandfather attended MUHS, please indicate their name and the year of graduation, if known. If you have any questions, please contact Registrar Christie Odenwald at email@example.com.
Military Opt-out Form due Oct. 23
MUHS is required to provide your directory information to military recruiters, if they request it. This information includes your son's name, address and phone number. If you do not wish for your son's information to be released to recruiters, please complete the form by Oct. 23 in order to opt-out. Your son should have received an email with a direct link to the form as well. If you have any questions, contact Registrar Christie Odenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Military Opt-Out Form
Senior Portrait & Quote Information for Flambeau Yearbook
Deadline to submit photo and quote - Friday, Oct. 2
Senior photos must be a formal head-and-shoulder portrait. If a student will not have a traditional portrait taken, we will use his school ID photo for the yearbook.
Important details to share with your photographer:
- Photo style: All yearbook senior portraits are formal, indoor studio head-and-shoulder shots – your photographer will know what this means. Your son must wear a dress shirt and tie (suit/sport coat is strongly encouraged). Your son may be photographed in various poses and outfits during a photo session, but the pose sent for the yearbook must be the formal shot.
- Photographers: The official photographer for MUHS is Visual Image Photography (VIP). They are very familiar with our yearbook specifications. If you choose to use another photographer, please communicate the specifications below.
- Digital file format: The Flambeau accepts only digital files – either JPG/JPEG or TIFF. You may email the image to email@example.com. Hard copies will not be accepted. The file name should be titled Lastname_Firstname.
- File size: The yearbook photo must be at least 2"x3" and 300 dpi. The file size should be at least 1 MB.
- Deadline to submit senior photos: Friday, Oct. 2.
- Alternate photo: If your son will not have a traditional portrait taken, that is not a problem; we will use his school ID photo for the yearbook.
- Senior quotes: The deadline for senior quotes is also Friday, Oct. 2. These should be mature statements that are appropriate for all audiences. Students will receive more information about quotes via their school email.
- Senior farewell ads: These ads appear in the back of the yearbook. Information will be sent at a later date. Ads will be due the first week of April.
- Yearbook distribution: 2020 yearbooks can be picked up in September-October 2020.
- Alejandra Martinez, Flambeau Yearbook Advisor