- Class transition time is 6 minutes.
- Homerooms will meet three times per week to provide student activities and socialization during the day.
- Dedicated Advising time will be provided to address the socio-emotional well being of students.
- Late start will be offered on Thursdays with a Liturgy period for worship and faith formation.
* Period begins with morning prayer.
** Daily Announcements take place at the end of this period.
*** Daily Examen: Period will begin with 3 minutes of silent reflection.
Updated information regarding purchasing textbooks can be found on the Bookstore webpage.
Book Program - If you have been previously notified by the Admissions Department that you are a part of the School Book Program, do not attend the Used Book Sale or purchase books from another source. More information will be provided to you regarding your book pickup process.
Summer reading is required for full-year and semester-long courses. Reading to be completed by the first day of school.
All Incoming Freshmen: The Last Summer of the Death Warriors by Francisco Stork
All Rising Sophomores: Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Myth and Culture: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Expository Writing: The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- Perspectives in Science Fiction: Ubik by Philip K. Dick
- Poetry as Power: The Wasteland and Other Writings by T.S. Eliot
- World Literature: Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (Mr. Costa's Classes)
- World Literature: The Inferno (Norton Critical Edition) by Dante (Mr. Reyes' Classes)
- Advanced Writing: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Plays of Shakespeare: The Theban Plays: Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonus and Antigone by Sophocles
- Literature of Great Britain: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- AP English Literature and Composition: Beowulf: A New Verse Translation translated by Seamus Heaney
Registration Day is Wednesday, Aug. 18
- Freshman (A-L) -- 8 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
- Freshman (M-Z) -- 9:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Seniors -- 10:30 a.m. -1 1:45 a.m.
- Juniors -- 12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Sophomores -- 1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
All students should attend registration during the indicated times.
Freshmen will attend an orientation on Thursday, Aug. 19 and Friday, Aug. 20.
The first day of classes is Monday, Aug. 23.